Study2U Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE BASIS UPON WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ACCESS THE WWW.STUDY2U.COM WEBSITE (“THE WEBSITE”)
1. Intellectual Property (including copyright)
All content included on the Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software is the property of Unit 6 Media Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) or our content suppliers and is protected by applicable copyright and/or other intellectual property laws.
The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Website is our exclusive property and is protected by applicable copyright and/or other intellectual property laws.
All software used in the Website is owned by us or our software suppliers and is protected by applicable copyright and/or other intellectual property laws.
2. Use of Website
Using the Website for the purposes of browsing or accessing information available on it for personal use is permitted. You may also be allowed to use interactive areas on the Website (to the extent that they are available on the Website in accordance with Clause 3 below). Any other use of the content and software on the Website, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication or display of the content on the Website without our express permission is strictly prohibited.
The Website or any portion of it may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by us.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the Website and/or the services contained herein in our discretion, including, without limitation, if we believe that particular conduct breaches applicable law, is harmful to our interests or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Interactive Areas
The Website may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, user reviews or other forums in which you or third parties may post content, messages, materials or other items on the Website (“Interactive Areas”). If we provide such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Website any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or other material (“Content”) that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, offensive, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise objectionable or inapporpriate;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for the commission of a criminal offence, infringe the rights of any party, or otherwise infringe any applicable law;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Personal data of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; or
- Content that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Website, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.
We accept no responsibility and are not liable for any Content of any kind that is posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party on the Website, or for any loss or damage caused as a result thereof. As a provider of interactive services, we are not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by users of the Website in any Interactive Area or other public forum. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on the Website at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on the Website at your sole cost and expense.
Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Website otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your access to the Interactive Areas and/or the Website. In order to comply with an order of a court of competent jurisdiction or to protect our systems or users of the Website, we may process and disclose any information held by us in relation to a user of the Website who posts or uploads inappropriate or objectionable Content including, without limitation, their name, email address, IP address, usage history, and posted Content.
By posting or distributing Content to or through the Website, unless we indicate otherwise, you
- grant us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media whatsoever;
- represent and warrant that the Content that you post or otherwise distribute (a) complies with these Terms and Conditions; (b) is accurate and not misleading; and (c) shall not expose us to any civil or criminal liability or otherwise materially adversely affect our business or reputation.
Content submitted by you will be considered non-confidential and we are under no obligation to treat such Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to use the Content as we deem appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. We are under no obligation to offer you any payment for Content that you submit or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify Content once it has been submitted to us. We shall have no duty to attribute authorship of Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by us or our licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you hereby waive any and all moral rights you may have in the Content.
4. Information Provided by You
You represent and warrant that any personal information provided by you to us including, without limitation, any personal information in an application form or request for further information in relation to services provided by educational service providers referred to on the Website, shall be accurate and not misleading in any way.
5. Compliance with Applicable Laws
Due to the global nature of the Internet you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding on-line conduct and acceptable Content.
You shall indemnify us against all claims, actions, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs, charges and expenses arising from your use of the Website otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is fully operational at all times. However, due to the nature of interactive services and the Internet generally, we cannot guarantee that the Website will be free from delays, interruptions or errors.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information contained on the Website is correct, however we give no representations or warranties, express or implied, in relation to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of said information. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinions, advice, services or other information provided.
Except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, all representations, warranties, terms and conditions whether express or implied in relation to the Website or the information contained herein are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that the Website will be fault free or that the information contained on the Website will be correct, we do not accept any liability for any damage or loss suffered by you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, including loss of profits) arising from the Website or the information contained herein (including any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in such information or any faults, interruptions or delays in connection with the Website).
These Terms and Conditions and/or our Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time by us. The Website will specify the latest date on which the Terms and Conditions have been amended.
10. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.